Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Free Time...

I went to the post office today for stamps with just Jenna and Jake before picking up Emily from Kindergarten, the lady there said, "I'd ask what you do with your free time, but I don't think I need to!" It was a good reminder of how valuable my days spent with our kids are. I am totally enjoying staying at home with them and not teaching. The only tear I've shed over not teaching tried to well up in my eyes when we were at Emily's open house for Kindergarten and the teacher was going over her parent information. I always enjoyed those evenings getting to watch the parents interact with their kids and sometimes saying to myself; "Oh, that's why he's the way he is!!" I think I was so excited to be on the other side of the paper, reading it along with her and not doing the explaining to the parents.




Today, the big kids were happily playing, so I snuck off with just Jenna to take some pictures of her around the yard. One of the fun things about living at Pete and Marilyn's is that it's almost like a park! The yard is always beautiful and the flowers are amazing. Here's Jenna showing you a few of her favorites...


















Emily and Jenna's shirts were both so colorful, we had to have them together for a few pictures too!

















Jake had fun smiling in this tree. While he was smiling and I was enjoying a photo opportunity, Jenna found Emily's collection of cicada shells. Yikes! We turned around to find them in her hands, mouth, hair and stuck to her shirt. I panicked, but did manage to take a quick picture to capture the memory!






















1 comments:

Candace said...

I can't believe how big Jenna is! So beautiful! All your kiddos are. Will be exciting to watch the house go up!