In hopes of not totally loosing sight of why we really celebrate Easter, we decided to play down the egg hunts and chocolate bunnies this year and try to focus more attention on Jesus' gift of grace on the cross. I don't know if the kids really got it, but it was nice to just take the holiday for how it began and not get so into the material things that have been added to Easter. We had a simple hunt for a Berenstien Bear video and then tried to read the story of Easter morning with the kids at breakfast. I'm pretty sure Jake and Emily both picked up on parts of the story, last year Emily asked a lot of questions about why Jesus had to die, so maybe this year a little more sunk in.
We wanted to take a family picture, here we are all fussing on each other, then the official pose.
Even with three kids to keep us busy, we are still so in love. I am so blessed to be raising a family with my best friend! :)
Two Whole Decades!
2 months ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment