I go back to work tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine with the kids, but I have totally loved spending my days with them. They bring such joy to my heart, even when they aren't pleasant to be around. Emily should have had a nap today, she was very difficult tonight, this the third night in a row that Pat was gone at bedtime. However, snuggling in with a couple of good books put a pleasant end to our evening.
If you have a chance to send up a prayer for a positive attitude in me as I enter back into the world of first graders. I know things will go well, but I find my passion for the kids at school isn't as much as it was before my home here was full of kids.
Two Whole Decades!
2 months ago
2 comments:
Hope it went well! :)
I'm amazed at your positive attitude with the kids -- especially when you're alone with them so much! I know when my kids are not being pleasant, I'm definitely not thinking about them bringing joy to my heart! At least you're teaching afternoons so you can have the morning to get ready. I bet that helps a lot!
Post a Comment